Thursday, July 3, 2008

George Carlin has taken his show to the high road...

I had posted this the day after George Carlin died...

A great man died yesterday, an unmitigated arrogant ass, but a great man. How can I say that? He WAS an awesome individual and an equal opportunity pisser. No topic was too great or too small for him to trash. And, through all of the laughter (as well as drinks snorted through the nose when I was caught unaware... He should have come with a hazard warning), he made us all THINK. God, what a talent! The funny thing is that I believe he'd agree wholeheartedly with my evaluation of him. I "grew up" listening to him and have raised my kids (don't get excited, they're adults) on his rambles.

Could you imagine if we'd had someone like him for president? I doubt our country would be in the mess it's currently in since he never was one to take any shit. And can you imagine him meeting our Maker??? Wouldn't you love to be a fly on the wall for THAT introduction!

My oldest son's favorite to this day is the famous "Seven Words You Can't Say on TV". He can practically quote it verbatim. Mine? "Give my love to Mary"... "How can you give your love to someone and would you want to"... LMAO Good stuff.

However, he really pissed me off personally in the preface of one of his books, I believe it was "Napalm and Silly Putty", when he was talking about how he really didn't care about anything. How can a person not care??? Like I said, an equal opportunity pisser. But I still admired him and always will.

So... Tell me what you've learned from Carlin or tell me your favorites. Hell, tell me what a jerk I am for calling him an arrogant ass!

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity. "
"Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did."
"People who say they don't care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don't care what people think."
"Think off-center."
"Weather forecast for tonight: dark."
"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat."
"When you step on the brakes your life is in your foot's hands."

And, so, Mr. Carlin... I wish you peace.
"Toodle-oo, go with God, and don't take any wooden nickels."

No comments: